How about a meet-up in Manchester / North West?

Guest Benchola

Guest Benchola

Been looking through the more recent threads and I can only find threads relating to meet-ups for those already lucky enough to be in Oz and a few select areas in the UK.

So.....although I am still fairly new to the scene (PIO that is, and not forums in general), I was wondering if there was anyone in the North West of the UK who are in a similar position to ourselves?

You can read all about us here, which will save me repeating it all here!

We're looking to relocate to Brisbane as that is where we have quite a bit of our family - so it would serve as a good location for us. Other than family though, we won't know a soul out there, so any new contacts, acquaintances or even friends that we can make in the meantime would be a God-send.

So.....who's wit' me (us)?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi we live in Oldham and would love to attend a meet.

We have been to a few previously and met some great friends. They are all over in Oz now. We made the move to Gold Coast in Jan 09 but hubby didnt like so we came home after 5 weeks. He went back on his own in august 09 for 9 weeks but couldnt secure a pemanant job so we all back here is snowy Oldham.

Funds are low with all the pinging and ponging so we are saving like mad and are all set on going back in august this year.

Hope more people reply.

Jill

xxx

Guest alkristensen

have a look on britishexpats.com under meet ups. There is or was ones under lancashire/manchester meet. I organised the first 3 then moved at the reebok stadium pub, i think madcityfan organised the last one i knew of, have a search

Or just organise one,

Name a time date and place, give a few directions and people will attend

I used to start em off with a few mates names to get the ball rolling as most people dont wanna be the first and only name on it for some reason

i ended up with over 50 people at the last few

Al

i was thinkin the same thing just the lther wk, all the meets r in oz but id live to get to konw some ppl b4 we go. we'd love to come 2 a meet to, let us know where an wen!

Hi,

Local meet would be great. We are just outside blackpool and are hopefully making the move within the next month. any dates or venues on the cards yet? please post more if there is any news on this. my wife and i will be there.

jim

Guest ozzysteve

Yes we would be up for meeting before we head out, we have got to sell our house and then were off.We are from the Manchester area, so let us know when and where.

Guest Benchola

First chance that I've had to check back on this email - and it's great to see such a response!

We currently live in Stockport in south Manchester, and it seems that we're all scattered around the fringes and as far as Liverpool and Blackpool! We need someone fairly central for us all to meet - how do people feel about Manchester City Centre? I know that it is a bit of a schlep from the coast, but we could meet on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon?

Failing that we could try to all meet up at a country (family) pub somewhere?

What's everyone's preference? We'll go with the majority......

Guest Benchola

Reet.....we're going to have to move this on or it's never going to happen! :goofy:

Therefore, I propose Sunday, 28 February 2010 for an afternoon meet-up for all those in the Manchester / North West area.

I'll have a think about a suitable venue and post a suggestion in a couple of days. Please answer the roll call if you want to come!

Hi all, we would love to come aswell, live preston (but sorry Pablo - true mancs born & bred ) having medicals next week, hopefully heading to Perth. Anywhere is okay for us, just let us know .

wanda(42) WAYNE (48) JOHNATHON (19) JORDAN (16) GEORGE (12) AND HOPEFULLY DOMINIQUE (21) JAKOB (3) jAYCE(4 MONTHS)

Guest pinksuedeshoes

Hi,

We would love to come aswell. We live in Warrington, so anywhere is ok for us. We have done all the meds and checks and are just waiting for the visa to be approved, hoping to move to Brisbane/ Gold Coast area.

Ali (33) and Paul (34).

Hi guys im a tad to far to join you all,lol,

but thought id chuck a couple of venue suggestions that are handy for motorway and not too far for any of you,,

The first is the tavern on the Reebok stadium estate ,

or

Rivington Barn - there won't be any bikers with the weather your having so should be plenty of tables empty inside.

Hope you all have a great time

Cal x

Guest Benchola
Hi guys im a tad to far to join you all,lol,

but thought id chuck a couple of venue suggestions that are handy for motorway and not too far for any of you,,

The first is the tavern on the Reebok stadium estate ,

or

Rivington Barn - there won't be any bikers with the weather your having so should be plenty of tables empty inside.

Hope you all have a great time

Cal x

Cheers Cal,

My old stomping ground that. Bolton born and bred and a Wanderers fan to boot!

For those of us with kids......should we plan to meet somewhere that is kiddy friendly or should we plan on palming the kids off to in-laws, grandparents, friends etc to let the adults have a chat?

Cheers Cal,

My old stomping ground that. Bolton born and bred and a Wanderers fan to boot!

For those of us with kids......should we plan to meet somewhere that is kiddy friendly or should we plan on palming the kids off to in-laws, grandparents, friends etc to let the adults have a chat?

Hi if okay with you all, will bring mine along (not my grandchildren though - too young all you would hear is shouting and crying ), but I think my boys would like to come. Hopefully I will get my 19 year old there as well, (a lot hesitant about moving now, hes 2 years into his apprenticeship - with 2 years left to do) another dilema !!

But just let us know

ta wanda

Hi we would love to come too.

We have been to POI meets before and have made some brill mates. They are all over in Oz now but we have been and come back and are going back to Oz for good this year.

The previous meets have been held at The Clayton Green in Oldham. Its not too far off M62 and has a seperate kids play room with a ball pit and slide.

We have sat in bar area and they have done us bar snacks.

It may be too far for some but just a sugestion.

My boys will be coming. They are 13 and 8 years old. Is anyone coming with children same age?

Jill

x

Guest Benchola
Hi we would love to come too.

We have been to POI meets before and have made some brill mates. They are all over in Oz now but we have been and come back and are going back to Oz for good this year.

The previous meets have been held at The Clayton Green in Oldham. Its not too far off M62 and has a seperate kids play room with a ball pit and slide.

We have sat in bar area and they have done us bar snacks.

It may be too far for some but just a sugestion.

My boys will be coming. They are 13 and 8 years old. Is anyone coming with children same age?

Jill

x

Our little boy is 4 (5 in April) and our little girl is 16 months - so no I'm afraid!

So...the roll-call now stands at:

Us (The Mackeys!)

Thorpes & Family

Wanda & Wayne

pinksuedeshoes

I'll have a look at the locations suggested and confirm shortly.

Our little boy is 4 (5 in April) and our little girl is 16 months - so no I'm afraid!

So...the roll-call now stands at:

Us (The Mackeys!)

Thorpes & Family

Wanda & Wayne

pinksuedeshoes

I'll have a look at the locations suggested and confirm shortly.

Hi

Would have loved to come but my fella is watching United at Wembley that day, so cant make it then...not happy me being a City fan...well nevermind

My lad it also 5 good as gold and got another lad 15 months well thats a different story put it this way i wouldnt get a minutes pieces he is like a homing pigeon wont leave me alone...soft arse :biglaugh:

Let me know if theres anything else planned

Thanks

Guest Benchola
Hi

Would have loved to come but my fella is watching United at Wembley that day, so cant make it then...not happy me being a City fan...well nevermind

My lad it also 5 good as gold and got another lad 15 months well thats a different story put it this way i wouldnt get a minutes pieces he is like a homing pigeon wont leave me alone...soft arse :biglaugh:

Let me know if theres anything else planned

Thanks

We could always switch the meet-up to the weekend after if you like and no one else has any objections? Nothing concrete has been organised yet other than a date - and that can be flexed if we need it to. Not too sure about inviting a Red AND a Blue, but I'm sure I can bite my tongue long enough....:eek:

Any issues with switching dates?

Guest kirstig123

Hi All,

Count us in too please. Off to Melbourne to validate in April. There's 4 of us, Jack (9) and Tilly (5) and yes, they will come with us. We are coming from Pendle nr Burnley, so happy to meet anywhere.

Cheers

Guest perth awaiting

Hi all

We would have come along to (myself, OH & 16yr old son). Unfortunately we are away so if you plan anything else in the future, let us know. We are heading to Perth. Off to validate visa in March then go out for good Sept.

Cheers

Ann, Gary & Nathan

ps - we are all Wanderers

Guest Benchola
We could always switch the meet-up to the weekend after if you like and no one else has any objections? Nothing concrete has been organised yet other than a date - and that can be flexed if we need it to. Not too sure about inviting a Red AND a Blue, but I'm sure I can bite my tongue long enough....:eek:

Any issues with switching dates?

Cheers guys - just thought I would bump my post above so that it didn't get lost....

Cheers guys - just thought I would bump my post above so that it didn't get lost....

As a QS, with a recent 175 grant, who did his own application, living in the NW and looking to move to Brisbane, I'd be interested in meeting up

Spooky or what ?

JT

Archived